Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Trainings with Sagel
Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training: FOUNDATIONS
Equal parts science and spirit, Yin Yoga & Meditation can be experienced as a practice of optimal health and well-being for the Whole Self. Combining the practices of Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation creates powerful possibilities for transformation and holistic healing on all layers of being- body, mind, and heart.
Whether you’re a yoga teacher wanting to offer your students “the other half” of their practice or simply a practitioner wanting to deepen their understanding of Yin Yoga & Meditation, Sagel’s Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training is informative, engaging, and inspiring. This training provides a strong foundation in the Yin Yoga and Meditation practices and includes a deep dive into both Daoist Yin Yoga and its beneficial effects on the soft tissues of our bodies as well as core Mindfulness meditation practices and enhanced opportunities to explore them within the landscape of Yin Yoga. Participants are eligible to receive Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance which current Registered Yoga Teachers may submit to Y.A.
Yin Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training w/Sagel
Check back for additional 2018 program dates!
In this Yin Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training, you will:
- Experience the powerful combination of Yin Yoga & Meditation as a tool that can strengthen the skills of awareness and compassionate observation and explore how you can put these skills to use in daily life to be happier and healthier
- Discuss and experience the restorative, rebalancing nature of Yin & Meditation as an effective counterbalance to our yang-centered culture to nourish and nurture your Whole Self
- Enjoy daily Yin classes, distinct and intentionally integrated with Mindfulness theming and receive written sequences of each
- Gain a background the Western scientific view of Yin Yoga and some of the related research and science behind how Yin works to benefit the body’s soft connective tissues
- Discuss basic anatomy of the YINside of the body and how its healthy function helps our overall health
- Acquire foundational knowledge of classical Indian yoga and Chinese Daoist Organ/Meridian theory as the primary roots of the Yin practice
- Learn the fundamentals of the classical Yin poses in Asana Theory Lab, including areas of exercise and benefits, effective cueing, visual demoing, safety precautions, and variations/adaptations to help meet diverse practitioner needs
- Experience both Mindfulness Meditation and Yin-like pranayama exercises, receiving general guidelines of teaching them and practicing incorporating and delivering them within the Yin practice
- Gain experience planning and teaching Yin Yoga & Meditation sequences in a small group setting with time for sharing and feedback
- Explore foundations of Applied Buddhist philosophy and Mindfulness framework informed by teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh and other contemporaries
- Have the foundational knowledge need to plan and lead yourself or others through a supportive, safe, and effective Yin Yoga & Meditation practice rooted in compassionate awareness
- Have the basic know-how to develop, introduce, and market Yin Yoga & Meditation classes
- Receive my custom Yin Yoga & Meditation manual, a resource you can continue to consult and learn from
- Overall, enjoy a safe and supportive, engaging, informative, and inspired teaching/learning environment with opportunities for individual and group experiential learning and sharing.
“One of the most extensive, accessible and enjoyable trainings that I have ever taken…. I have incorporated Yin Yoga regularly into my practice because of this profound presentation. Not to be missed for teachers and anyone with a body and mind.”
Jacqui Bonwell, E-RYT 500, Director of Sacred Seeds Yoga School in Canton, MA
Awakening the Heart of Natural Presence
Because the ‘Bird of Presence’ has two wings – Awareness and Compassion – and needs both to fly, this accessible and applied program is grounded in the importance of compassionate observation, especially for oneself. It offers you the foundational knowledge needed to lead nourishing, safe, effective, and inspiring Yin & Meditation practice, covering fundamentals of Yin Yoga, asanas and safety/modifications for every body, pranayama and energy movement, Organ Meridian Theory, and the foundations of Applied Mindfulness meditation practices.
Sagel’s teachings are rooted in the Yogic Path, Buddhist and Daoist philosophy, and the principle of kindness, and this program is designed with the intention of helping participants develop mindful awareness and compassionate observation as tools to use on the mat and in daily life to be more fully present for their lives and enjoy the infinite possibilities of a balanced and authentically joyful life.
“I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to expand their knowledge, not only of the human body, but the spiritual approaches to our dynamic and sacred practice. Sagel’s passion and wisdom are amazing. So inspiring!”HG, Boston
Equal parts science and spirit, Yin & Meditation offers us the opportunity to benefit areas of the body which are often neglected while also training the heart and mind in compassion.
Physically, the practice helps to restore and maintain the strength, flexibility, and fluidity of the dense connective tissues of the body, making it the perfect complement to our many active Yang exercises, including Vinyasa yoga, running, weight training, and cycling. This is a profoundly transformative practice of self-care and balance, unwinding tension in the body to bring long-lasting relief and health to the body’s critical “invisible half” and refreshing the mind to bring clarity and understanding, and creating spaciousness in the heart to let us live and love with more ease and happiness. In Yin, your mat truly becomes your meditation cushion, each pose serving as “mini meditation sessions,” opportunities to observe the movements of the mind and heart, and meet yourself with kindness, openness, and appreciation. Learn more about Yin Yoga and Meditation.
“I was so blessed to participate in this amazing and transformative training. I have participated in many yoga workshops over the years, and this is honestly one of the best I have ever experienced. Thank you, Sagel, for your wisdom and your gift.”BB, Boston
Interested in learning to teach
Join Sagel for Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Level 1!
This 20hr training is open to everyone, including practitioners wanting to deepen their understanding and personal practice as well as yoga teachers desiring to offer effective, safe, and compassionate Yoga Nidra classes for their students.
Yin is the “Other Half”
Unlike most physical exercise which focuses on superficial musculature, Yin exercises the hidden half of the body, the connective tissues: our bones, ligaments, both intramuscular and 3-D web fascia, and tendons, and can be thought of as the “other half” of your practice. In Yin Yoga, muscles relax to open and work deeply to strengthen our bones (esp in lumbar spine) and other connective tissues, helping to improve and maintain our flexibility and mobility. Yin targets the areas of lower back, thighs, spine, and hips, strengthening and hydrating these critical areas. Restrictions of the body’s range of motion lay 41% in muscles and 47% in connective tissues, so Yin Yoga provides a powerful opportunity to restore and maintain the body’s strength, flexibility, and fluidity, making it the perfect complement to more “yang” exercises. Yin Yoga also regulates energy pathways, balancing and promoting a healthy flow of energy throughout the body, nourishing the body’s organs and steadying emotional states. Yin Yoga & Meditation is a practice of self care a counterbalance to our modern day…READ MORE
Covering the fundamentals of Yin Yoga, poses and safety, Pranayama and energy movement, and the foundations of Applied Mindfulness practices, this program provides the foundational knowledge you need to lead yourself and/or others through a safe and nourishing practice. Anyone is welcome to join, no 200hr yoga teacher training certificate is required. If you have any questions about Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation or these trainings, just drop us a line!